top of page

Ford County Housing Authority
Direct Phone #620-471-4711

Rent assistance is available to very low-income households through the HUD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program to assist families throughout our 28-county area in southwest Kansas. (Our Housing Authority's jurisdiction does not include the city limits of Dodge City or Great Bend.) 

Families must meet income eligibility requirements to receive assistance (a family may consist of 1 person) and you do not have to be elderly to receive this assistance. HUD vouchers can be used to rent an existing house, duplex, apartment, or mobile home from a private owner.

For questions related to the HUD program or to email additional supporting documentation, our address is All documents requiring a signature, including your actual application, must be mailed to us.

Current wait time for rental assistance, after we receive a complete application and proper supporting documents, is at least 6 months to a year – depending on the availability of funding.

Please call 620-471-4711 for an application.

We would be happy to come do a presentation for your group regarding the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. Please contact the Ford County Housing Authority at 620-471-4711. 




***To file a housing discrimination complaint call the Housing Discrimination Hotline at 1-800-669-9777.

bottom of page